Multiple choices | Mathematics homework help
1. In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had continually been in a car surroundings. 220 respondents indicated that they had been in a car surroundings and 370 respondents said that they had not been in a car surroundings. If one of these respondents is accidentally clarified, what is the presumption of getting someone who has been in a car surroundings? Round to the undeviating thousandth.A. 0.384 B. 0.380 C. 0.373D. 0.370
P(accident) = 220 / (220 + 370) = 0.373
2. If you flip a invent three spans, the potential developments are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption of getting at insignificantest one top?
A. 4/9 B. 5/6 C. 7/8 D. 5/8
P(at insignificantest one top) = (Number of confederacys following a while one or over H) / (Total compute of confederacys)
P(at insignificantest one top) = 7 / 8
3. Joe markett 20 cards from a flag 52-card pull-up, and the compute of red cards exceeded the compute of sombre cards by 8. He reshuffled the cards and markett 30 cards. This span, the compute of red cards exceeded the compute of sombre cards by 10. Designate which market is closer to the 50/50 bearing of red/sombre forecasted of impartially markett hands from a impartial pull-up and why.
A. The leading course is closer accordingly 1/10 is farther from 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The course closer to the speculative 50/50 cannot be decided equaltual the compute of red and sombre cards for each market is dedicated.
C. The cooperate course is closer accordingly 20/30 is closer to 1/2 than is 14/20.
D. The leading course is closer accordingly the destruction floating red and sombre is insignificanter than the destruction in the cooperate course.
1st market: 14 red and 6 sombre P(red) = 14/20 = 0.70
2nd market: 20 red and 10 sombre P(red) = 20/30 = 0.67 < 0.70
4. Suppose you keep an greatly unimpartial die: The presumption of a 6 is 3/8, and the presumption of each other compute is 1/8. If you emit the die 32 spans, how divers twos do you forecast to see?A. 2 B. 4 C. 3 D. 5
E(2) = np = 32(1/8) = 4
5. A assort consists of 50 women and 82 men. If a novice is accidentally clarified, what is the presumption that the novice is a mother?
A. 32/132 B. 25/66C. 50/132 D. 82/132
P(woman) = 50 / (50 + 82) = 50/132 = 25/66
6. If you flip a invent three spans, the potential developments are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption that at insignificantest two tops take-place arrangedly?
A. 1/8 B. 3/8 C. 5/8 D. 6/8
P(two arranged H) = (Number of confederacys following a while HH) / (Total compute of combinations)
P(two arranged H) = 3/8
7. Suppose you buy 1 ticket for $1 out of a lottery of 1000 tickets where the palm for the one alluring ticket is to be $500. What is your forecasted admire?
A. $0.00 B. −$0.40 C. −$1.00 D. −$0.50
E(x) = (1/1000)($500) – 1 = $0.50 - $1 = -$0.50
8. If you flip a invent three spans, the potential developments are HHH, HHT, HTH, HTT, THH, THT, TTH, TTT. What is the presumption of getting at insignificantest two tails?
A. 1/2 B. 2/3 C. 3/4 D. 4/9
P(at insignificantest 2 T) = (Number of confederacys following a while 2 or over T) / (Total compute
P(at insignificantest 2 T) = 4/8 = ½
9. A bag contains impure pieces of which one is red, one is bluish, one is unseasoned, and one is yellow. A piece is clarified at accidental from the bag and then replaced in the bag. A cooperate piece is then clarified at accidental. Construct a catalogue of the potential developments (for stance, RB enacts the development red piece followed by bluish piece) and use your catalogue to designate the presumption that the two pieces clarified are the similar perversion. (Hint: There are 16 potential developments.)A. 1/4 B. ¾ C. 2/16 D. 3/16
Possible developments: RR RB RG RY
BR BB BG BY
GR GB GG GY
YR YB YG YY
P(two of similar perversion) = (Number of confederacys following a while similar perversion) / (Total
compute of confederacys)
P(two of similar perversion) = 4/16 = ¼
10. A committee of three tribe is to be formed. The three tribe earn be clarified from a catalogue of five potential committee parts. A incomplex accidental case of three tribe is smitten, following a whileout regaining, from the bunch of five tribe. Using the learning A, B, C, D, E to enact the five tribe, catalogue the potential cases of extent three and use your catalogue to designate the presumption that B is intervening in the case. (Hint: There are 10 potential cases.)A. 0.6 B. 0.4 C. 0.7 D. 0.8
Sample space: ABC ABD ABE ACD ACE
ADE BCD BCE BDE CDE
P(confederacy includes B) = (Number of confederacys including B) / (Total
compute of confederacys)
P(confederacy includes B) = 6/10 = 0.6
11. In the leading course of rolls of a die, the compute of odd computes exceeded the compute of equal computes by 5. In the cooperate course of rolls of the similar die, the compute of odd computes exceeded the compute of equal computes by 11. Designate which course is closer to the 50/50 bearing of odd/equal forecasted of a impartially rolled die.
A. The cooperate course is closer accordingly the destruction floating odd and equal computes is important than the destruction for the leading course.
B. The leading course is closer accordingly the destruction floating odd and equal computes is hither than the destruction for the cooperate course.
C. Since 1/2 > 1/5 > 1/11, the leading course is closer.
D. The course closer to the speculative 50/50 cannot be decided equaltual the entirety compute of rolls for twain course is dedicated.
12. Jody checked the region 12 spans on Monday, and the lacriterion digit of the region was odd six spans over than it was equal. On Tuesday, she checked it 18 spans and the lacriterion digit was odd view spans over than it was equal. Designate which course is closer to the 50/50 bearing of odd/equal forecasted of such a course of region checks.
A. The Monday course is closer accordingly 1/6 is closer to 1/2 than is 1/8.
B. The Monday course is closer accordingly 6/12 is closer to 0.5 than is 8/18.
C. The Tuesday course is closer accordingly the 13/18 is closer to 0.5 than is 9/12.
D. The course closest to the speculative 50/50 cannot be decided following a whileout shrewd the compute of odds and equals in each course.
Monday: 9 odd, 3 equal P(odd) = 9/12 = 0.75
Tuesday: 13 odd, 5 equal P(odd) = 13/18 ≈ 0.722 < 0.75
13. Suppose you pay $1.00 to roll a impartial die following a while the mind that you earn get end $3.00 for rolling a 5 or a 2, nothing incorrectly. What is your forecasted admire?
A. $1.00 B. $0.00 C. $3.00 D. −$1.00
E(x) = (1/3)($3) - $1 = $1 - $1 = $0
14. On a multiple dainty criterion, each inquiry has 6 potential responses. If you construct a accidental suspect on the leading inquiry, what is the presumption that you are redress?
A. 1/5 B. 1/6 C. 1/4 D. 2/5
P(correct) = Compute of redress responses / Compute of potential daintys
P(correct) = 1/6
15. A consider of two types of destroy killers was manufactured on two detail destroy frames. One destroy killer killed 15% over destroys than the other. This destruction was indicative at the 0.05 equalize. What does this balance?
A. The progress was due to the event that there were over destroys in one consider.
B. The presumption that the destruction was due to hazard remaining is important than 0.05.
C. The presumption that one destroy killer manufactured meliorate by hazard remaining is hither than 0.05.
D. There is not sufficient advice to construct any misrecord.
16. The disposeification of B.A. disposes won by a persomal nursery is catalogueed adown, by important.
Liberal Arts 1358
What is the presumption that a accidentally clarified dispose is not in Business?
A. 0.7800 B. 0.8200 C. 0.8300 D. 0.9200
P(not in Business) = (Number not in Business) / Entirety compute of disposes
P(not in Business) = (9313 – 1676) / 9313
P(not in Business) = 0.8200
17. A 28-year-old man pays $125 for a one-year duration security cunning following a while coverage of $140,000. If the presumption that he earn speed through the year is 0.9994, to the undeviating dollar, what is the man’s forecasted admire for the security cunning?
A. $139,916 B. −$41 C. $84 D. −$124
E(x) = (1 – 0.9994)($140,000) - $125 = -$41
18. A bag contains 4 red marbles, 3 bluish marbles, and 7 unseasoned marbles. If a marble is accidentally clarified from the bag, what is the presumption that it is bluish?
A. 2/11 B. 3/11 C. 5/14 D. 3/14
P(blue) = Compute of bluish marbles / Entirety compute of marbles
P(blue) = 3 / (4 + 3 + 7) = 3/14
19. The postulates set enacts the pay equalizes of the parts of a aver club. Admire the presumption that a accidentally clarified part earns at insignificantest $98,000.
112,000 126,000 90,000 133,000 94,000 112,000 98,000 82,000 147,000 182,000 86,000 105,000
140,000 94,000 126,000 119,000 98,000 154,000 78,000 119,000
A. 0.4 B. 0.6 C. 0.66 D. 0.7
P(stipend ≥ $98,000) = Compute of salaries ≥ 98,000 / Entirety compute of salaries
P(stipend ≥ $98,000) = 14/20 = 0.7
20. A consider of novices gate Statistics 101 was manufactured. Impure hundred novices who premeditated for over than 10 hours averaged a B. Two hundred novices who premeditated for hither than 10 hours averaged a C. This destruction was indicative at the 0.01 equalize. What does this balance?
A. The presumption that the destruction was due to hazard remaining is important than 0.01.
B. There is hither than a 0.01 hazard that the leading bunch’s gradations were meliorate by hazard remaining.
C. The progress was due to the event that over tribe premeditated.
D. There is not sufficient advice to construct any misrecord
21. Sample extent = 400, case balance = 44, case flag derangement = 16. What is the brink of falsity?
A. 1.4 B. 1.6 C. 2.2 D. 2.6
Assuming a 95% self-reliance equalize, and noting that this assort seems to use z = 2 for this self-reliance equalize instead of the over obsequious 1.96 admire.
E = z*s/√n = 2 * 16 / √400 = 1.6
22. Select the best fit outoutsequence on the plant diagram adown.
D. None of the outlines is the outoutsequence of best
23. A researcher wishes to admire the balance equality of coin late per month on aid by households in a true vicinity. She desires a brink of falsity of $30. Past studies insinuate that a population flag derangement of $248 is temperate. Admire the restriction case extent needed to admire the population balance following a while the undoubtful closement.
A. 274 B. 284 C. 264 D. 272
Again, ostentatious a 95% self-reliance season, following a while z = 2.00 instead of 1.96:
n = (z * s / E)2 = (2 * 248 / 30)2 = 273.35 à 274
24. Suggest the producer of the interdependence floating the postulates.
The graph pomps power of coffee (y) and compute of scoops used to construct 10 cups of coffee (x). Identify the reasonable producer of the interdependence.