CRITICAL REVIEW In writing their critical review, students should consider the following points:… 1 answer below »
In match their nice critique, students should deem the aftercited points:
- What are the producers aiming to do? Are they auspicious in fulfilling these donation?
- What do the producers discuss?
- How do the producers dispense delay over arguments?
- What types of sign do the producers use to form their arguments? Is this sign convincing? What sign do the producers overlook?
- Are the producers influenced by a point scheme or methodological approximation? Is this approximation well-founded?
- Are the producers’ arguments convincing? (You should assess this by comparing the divergent arguments and sign presented by each producer. You strength also care-for 2-3 other extracts on the selfselfsame subject.)
- What peculiar tricks or strategies do the writers accustom to perform their points? These strategies may comprise the organisation of the extract and the exquisite of expression and examples.
Additional sustaining notification if required:
· Peter Mares, Borderline: Australia’s Response to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the Wake of the Tampa, 2nd
· Tony Kevin, A Certain Maritime Incident: The Sinking of the SIEV X, Melbourne: Scribe Publications, 2004, esp. pp.3-30.
· David Corlett, Aftercited Them Home: The Fate of the Returned Asylum Seekers, Melbourne: Black Inc., 2005, pointly pp.68-85.
· Robert Manne (delay David Corlett), ‘Sending Them Home: Refugees and the New Politics of Indifference’, Quarterly Essay, no.13, 2004.
· Michael Gordon, Freeing Ali: The Human Face of the Pacific Solution, Sydney: UNSW Press, 2005.
· University of Queensland Press, 2003. edition, Sydney: UNSW Press, 2002, pp.1-8, 121-41.