Climate refugees | Geography homework help
Alaska, the Kigiqtaamiut in jeopardy
1. At the period this follower was in Shishmaref, what should enjoy happened to the sea that had not yet happened?
2. How ample did the Sarichef Island contract as a fruit of the mid-October swagger?
3. Three unfair collisions on the island are ascribed to global warming. Describe the changes to…
a. Seal hunting:
4. What operation did the mob charm to lingering the erosion of their beaches? Was this lucky?
5. What did they do in 2002 to Mina Weyiouanna’s progeny, to secure it from the eroding shoreline?
6. What happened in 2000 to Jimmy Nayopuk’s progeny, which was not moved?
Maldives, an archipelago in peril
7. What are the Maldivian Islands made of? How did they constitute?
8. In union to flooding from promotion sea planes, what other solicitude-alarm do the Maldivian mob enjoy for their cities?
9. List two unfair ways that global warming is causing an acception in sea planes.
10. Mohammed Ali has observed an middle of 5 millimeters of sea plane agitate per year in Mali. At this reprimand, how ample would the main agitate counteract the contiguous era?
a. He besides states that “…this probable counteract is now gentle, and that erosion wins out counteract accretion.” What does he bestow as the creator of this imbalance?
11. What collision did the solid El Nino enjoy on the steep sky environing the Maldives, and how did this collision the coral?
12. In the 1980s, the Maldivian empire banned coral mining. Explain what they were doing after a while the mined coral.
Answer these questions based on what you interpret, and any unional examination you direct.
How would you designate a “climate refugee”?