ETCS 680 NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY FOR INDUSTRY ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT 2
1) What is the deep intention of a LAN?
2) Indicate the foul-mouthed base LAN topologies. Which two topologies are the most public?
3) What is probably the most base collision on a LAN?
4) What is a SAN?
5) What transmission balance is used in a PAN?
6) What is the deep usage of a intricacy network?
7) What is the deep usage of coaxial cable balance twisted-pair cable?
8) Indicate the two types of twisted-pair cable.
9) What wire sizes are base in twisted-pair cable?
10) Indicate the concatenateor most widely used delay twisted-pair cable in LANs.
11) What circuitry is used to concatenate a PC to a network?
12) What interest of equipment is used to concatenate two LANs using the identical formats or protocols?
13) What is an Ethernet switch, and what use does it extend?
14) What is a hub?
15) List the six Ethernet transmission hurrys.
16) Indicate the basic topology of Ethernet.
17) What is the indicate of the thread encoding mode used delay Ethernet, and why is it used?
18) Indicate the two deep types of cables used delay Ethernet.
19) What is the admittance mode used by Ethernet denominated? (Give the bountiful indicate and the closeness.)
20) Explain briefly how a post gains admittance to the LAN when Ethernet is used.
21) What is the completion extension of grounds that can be transmitted in one Ethernet packet?
22) What is the hurry of Dissipated Ethernet?
23) In which layers of the OSI standard does Ethernet production?
24) What are the deep collisions of 1-Gbps and 10-Gbps?
25) Define the MAC address.
1) What are the basic grounds transmission objurgate of Dissipated Ethernet and its bit objurgate gap?
2) What is the dissipatedest Ethernet hurry?
3) Using 8B/10B encoding, what is the express thread hurry of a netproduction if the express grounds objurgate is 10 Gbps?
4) Networks are usually sentiment of in stipulations of general-intention PCs in a LAN. However, other types of devices and computers are networked. Give one stance.
5) Other than hurry of transmission, what three key factors bias how dissipated two nodes in a LAN can divulge?