Bio – patient scenario (upstream/downstream) assignment
Patient Scenario (Upstream/Downstream) Assignment
Addresses Learning Outcomes:
- Use attainments of bioclose principles and the Philosophical Process to ask and tally appropriate inquirys encircling cosmical sanity and disorder
- Analyze instruction to discover betwixt sick and sanityy construction and employmenting.
- Analyze how interior and visible factors producer disintegration of sanityy mass employment, accidental to disorder and disorders.
Mr. Smith is 60 years old. He was diagnosed after a while prostate cancer five years ago. Over the elapsed few days, Mr. Smith has been sensibility increasingly wearied and has besides been abstinence from a headache that did not acceptance to over-the-counter medications. He scheduled an provision after a while his physician.
His physician done a material experienceimony and recommended a battery of laboratory experiences and imaging procedures.
His rank exigency is 165/100 mmHg. MRI reveals metastasis of prostate cancer to osseous citationure. Abdominal CT illusions impediment of interior due to nodular extension of adrenal glands.
The table beneath illusions Reference values in the right-hand support. These values image the recognized collocate of values for endurings after a whileout disorder or disorder. The disposition support images the resulting values for medical experience results accomplished for Mr. Smith.
Take voice whether Mr. Smith’s values are after a whilein recognized limits.
Laboratory results from Mr. Smith’s avoid hospital avenue and medical experiences illusion forthcoming findings:
13.8 to 18.2 g/dL
70 mmol/L/24 hr
25-120 mmol/L/24 hr
24 hour Urinary Aldosterone
8.4 mcg/24 hr
2.3-21.0 mcg/24 hr
ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic Hormone)
CONCLUSION AND DIAGNOSIS
Laboratory findings, MRI and CT developed metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma, hypertension and stubborn hypokalemia due to ectopic ACTH evolution. High levels of circulating cortisol producerd consistent activation of mineralocorticoid receptors resulting in hypokalemia, metabolic alkalosis and hypertension.
After balbutiation supposing scenario, tally the forthcoming inquirys:
1. 1.What are the constituents of material experienceimony? Describe each constituent. (See Module 1, Topic 8, Part B.2)
2. 2.Mr. Smith’s rank exigency was 160/100 mmHg.
a. How does a medical provider capture or estimate rank exigency?
b. What do the top (numerator) and groundfruit (denominator) aggregate balance in the bioclose opinion?
c. What is the opinion the bigness of these two aggregate?
d. Is Mr. Smith’s rank exigency after a whilein recognized collocate? Explain how you concluded whether Mr. Smith’s rank exigency is/is not after a whilein recognized collocate.
e. Discuss the feasible sanity issues anticipated for a idiosyncratic after a while a rank exigency of 165/100 mm Hg.
3. 3.Based on the axioms supposing, what laboratory experiences were done and what samples were capturen from the enduring? Select one of the laboratory experiences ordered for Mr. Smith and debate why Mr. Smith’s physician energy enjoy ordered the experience and the instruction she energy enjoy expected to accomplish from that feature experience.
4. 4. Analyze Mr. Smith's values
a.Compare Mr. Smith’s values after a while regard values and point-out whether Mr. Smith’s values are beneath, aloft, or after a whilein recognized collocate (assimilate Mr. Smith’s values after a while the Regard values) for each laboratory experiences in the consideration aloft from the avoid set of experiences.
b. Select one of the values beyond of recognized collocate from the consideration aloft and debate feasible medical concerns akin to the attested qualify in Mr. Smith’s values.
5. 5. What imaging procedures did Mr. Smith sustain? Debate the distinctions and similarities betwixt the two divergent imaging approaches. What were the results of imaging procedures in Mr. Smith’s plight?
6. Select one of the medical provisos from the CONCLUSION and DIAGNOSIS exception aloft and fix what it balances. Also, debate, in your own signification and domiciled on what you can infer encircling Mr. Smith’s proviso, how the laboratory or imaging experiences helped after a while contrivance a quittance or making the speciality. In your own signification, debate how medical providers use the philosophical process to conclude to fruit through the experienceimony and speciality of a enduring.
You should transcribe a scanty disquisition addressing all five inquirys and yield it subordinate "Assignments". Your action conciliate rest upon the satisfied, clarity and peculiarity of responses written in your own signification. Good match practices, including the use of rectify rhetoric, decree and chapter construction, and punctuation, and nearness of close rationalistic, conciliate representation for a interest of your action.
Cite all sources in APA format after a whilein your tally citation as well-mannered-mannered as bountiful citations in APA format at the end of the assignment.
- Answered all six inquirys and all sub-parts of each inquiry and provides rectify or close tallys to each inquiry—up to 60 points
- Student provides peculiar, minute responses, written in student’s own signification, illusioning nearness of close rationalistic – up to 24 points
- Student incorporates provisos and concepts scholarly from assigned materials – up to 8 points
- Student rectifyly cites instrument in APA format – up to 4 points
- Form – rhetoric, spelling, fashion – up to 4 points