Discuss the ideas that are essential while designing an organization.
You must have a minimum of two academically reviewed journal articles sourced from the CU library to support your answer.
Read and respond to at least one (1) of your classmates’ posts. In your response to your classmates, consider comparing your articles to those of your classmates. Research from academic articles must be included in your responses to classmates post.
Below are additional suggestions on the way to respond to your classmates’ discussions:
· Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
· Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
· Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research.
· Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
· Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
· Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Reply to post:
The process of organizational design is concerned with the creation of hierarchy in an institution (Chokheli, 2015). So, there are different ideas that have considerable significance in the entire process. Firstly, it is to ensure that there is efficiency in the process of work specialization. That will entail assigning the right work tasks to different positions in the firm. Secondly, it is to ensure that the process of departmentalization creates efficiency in the manner that the organization is constituted. Hence, there is a need to ensure there is the right skill mix in each of the departments as that will foster teamwork. Thirdly, the process should have a chain of command that is very clear. Notably, a well-established chain of command will ensure that there are no conflicts that emerge in the process of executing different functions (Burton & Obel, 2018). As well, in making the chain of command, it is vital to have a limit on the number of people that a person controls. That will make the process governance in the organization more efficient. Lastly, there is a need to ensure that events in the organization are formalized as that will reduce the occurrence of errors. Notably, events such as the payment of payroll and conflict resolution should be formalized.